Jumia Nigeria's Great Gatsby Lagos Fashion Show


It has always been my desire to attend fashion shows, so I was quite joyous when I received invitation to a Fashion Show/Cocktail Event hosted by Nigeria's leading online megastore, Jumia. The event that was held at the prestigious Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island in Lagos featured various designs created by local fashion designers. For the male designs, there weren't much surprises; but for the ladies, the designers went AWOL.

The first female model that appeared on the runway set the tone, a very hot one for the evening. Her dress was quite confusing. One on side, it looked like an attire that could be worn to work and on official duties. But on the other hand, the short nature of the skirt which placed the hem way above the knees, and the light nature of the material that could be easily blown by wind made it a bad choice to wear to work, except your boyfriend is also your boss, or you plan to seduce the boss.

Several other seductive clothes were on display which made me ask when did being naked become the new morally acceptable fashion statement?

However, with adjustments made here and there, especially in the length section plus choice of appropriate undergarments (many of the female models didn't wear much), several of the clothes on display could be made wearable to corporate events and by individuals like me who are not big fans of sheer nudity. 

Several of the shoes looked nice only that most of the models wore them with the tags on; I even saw some clothes with the tags in place. It wasn't a pleasant site.

Anyway, I had fun and I took several pictures of some of the clothes on display, all of which are available for sale on Jumia. Check them out below






















Who wears cardigans the other way round? This was a huge miss



But the model rocked it with great poise

I really argued with the lady that sat beside me on the front row over this dress. I wasn't feeling it but she said she loved it

But when she turned to face me, I saw the front view and I loved it too...We just have to close the window of opportunity at the back

This looked like the dress code for bodyguards at a Lagos club house

This looks quite nice but I don't see myself wearing such anytime soon

Though she walked the runaway with confidence, I'm not sure she would have same confidence when there is a strong wind



People wear this daily, nothing unique









And that's the end of the Great Gatsby Fashion Show held in Lagos and hosted by Nigeria's number one online retailer - Jumia.com.ng

Tags:

1 Responses to “Jumia Nigeria's Great Gatsby Lagos Fashion Show”

Unknown said...
27 February 2014 at 22:31

this is great!!!!


Post a Comment

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 Paul ADEPOJU. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks